Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, September 08, 2006

A holiday takes shape

I have to go to Brisbane in mid-October for the wedding of my sister EW to a top bloke named TM. I've been to Bris Vegas before but never stayed long enough to look around. This time, I plan to rectify that situation.

I'm getting a lift there in my parents' car and they've generously taken care of my accommodation for the stopover on the way, plus the nights before and after the ceremony. After that, I'm on my own...well, except for any other relos who decide to stick around for some sightseeing.

Taking a holiday from work wasn't a problem - I booked it as soon as the happy couple made their announcement. Unfortunately, I then spent months procrastinating about how long to stay on in Brissie, what to do and how to get home. This week, I finally made up my mind, booked five nights at a hotel in the CBD and bought a train ticket back to Sydney.

This return journey will take me 14.5 hours, which to some folk might sound like hell on rails. Not me. I sat up all the way from Sydney to Perth on the Indian Pacific - a three-day trip - without much trouble. Besides, trains are so much more romantic than cars or (shudder) planes. It already feels like an adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home