Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Construction time again

Sporadically, I feel the need to craft something. I've never been good with my hands (no sniggering at the back) and like to watch telly at the same time, so it can't be anything too difficult. Past examples - painting/decorating a squad of Space Marines for "Warhammer 40K", making a LEGO model of the Red Baron's triplane, assembling fleets of little plastic sailing ships for the "Pirates" constructible strategy game (which I don't play, but they look great on a shelf).

This weekend, in between watching the cricket, reading the Saturday papers, solving the non-cryptic crosswords and cooking (if my efforts in the kitchen can be called that), I've been working on a "Dungeons & Dragons" accessory called "Map Folio 3-D". Despite the sucky name, it's a cool product (released in 2004 for about $20, if memory serves and volleys) that lets you build cardboard replicas of a medieval city wall, outbuilding, tower, cottage, smithy and tavern.

Given that it's Sunday arvo and I'm only on the second building, I don't see this village being open for inspection until early 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home