Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Just to recap

Steady rain kept me flatbound today except for a dash to my not-so-beautiful laundrette. It was a different story yesterday and possibly even one worth recounting.

I spent the morning at SMASH! (the Sydney Manga and Anime SHow), watching preview episodes of bonkers new series "The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya", being hassled by a stallholder for wearing my Toronto Blue Jays cap the *right* way round, and eating food on sticks (tofu that tasted of fish sauce, pork and vegetable dumplings).

The afternoon found me in the company of AP, PR, baby HP (who I got to hold briefly until he started crying), and AC. We were at Henson Park, Marrickville to see the Jets play the Dragons in Premier League...er, league. It was a convincing win for the home team - 30-6. Too bad they were already out of finals contention.

I ate my evening meal at the Kilimanjaro restaurant. Rather than rising like Olympus above the Serengeti, it sits unassumingly on a corner of King St, Newtown. Budget portions at budget prices, all served in wooden dishes, accompanied by native (is that term PC?) music that makes you dance in your seat.

My main course was cubes of lamb in a spicy tomato sauce with lentils, kidney beans, etc. For sides, I ordered a crunchy watercress salad with spicy dressing, tamarind and pepper; perfumed couscous; plus African flat bread - yellow, thin yet surprisingly doughy, flavoured with onion. I chased these down with a "flower drink". It was the same shade as apple and blackcurrant juice but had a more nectary sweetness.

Afterwards, I ended up at Good Games in the city. One of the owners (ED) and another bloke were playtesting the new "Legend Of The Five Rings - Samurai Edition" CCG. Curious, and having been dissuaded from my intended purchase (on the grounds of it being a rip-off), I left with an "L/O/T/5/R" Mantis Clan starter kit.

As for today...the poor old Knights were flogged again (bring me the head of Brian Smith!). Hopefully Liverpool can overcome Chelsea and bring balance to the Force.

Now I'm off to finish a novel I plan to blog about through the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home