Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, July 04, 2008

Gencon - day 2 (continued)

Why aren't the souvenir caps adjustable? The organisers should know gamers such as moi are fatheads! :-) Nice to be able to get a vegetarian focaccia - can't believe I subsisted on sausage rolls, Mars bars and Coke at those '90s Macquariecons. Saw a Jedi teaching his padawans a lightsaber kata. Was fortunate to secure a place in the only running of the lone "Call Of Cthulhu" module for the long weekend, "The Blasted Heath". Classic stuff - Arkham, Miskatonic University, weird colours in the sky... The Keeper was an English fella and an incredible storyteller. Both quest and characters originated from his personal campaign. I played an alcoholic journalist (a case of art exaggerating life) who lost but a single point of sanity despite the unspeakable horrors he witnessed! Back at the hotel, I may have been mistaken for an elevator operator. I held the doors for a middle-aged gent out of courtesy. He got in and, without making eye contact, requested, "Four, please." Amused, I pressed the appropriate button. On reaching the fourth floor, he exited - again, without so much as glancing in my direction - saying, "Thank you. Good night." Really enjoyed renewing my acquaintance with "C/O/C" for the first time in a decade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home