Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, May 11, 2009

Layabout

Chucked a sickie to spare my coworkers the ongoing sneezing and coughing fits. Spent most of the 9-5 snoozing. Naturally, there were some diversions -

Listening: "Psalm 69" (1992) by Ministry. RS got me into these industrial metallurgists. And back when I lifted weights, this was my workout soundtrack of choice (be careful not to injure yourself during "TV II"). I'd describe it as precision anger with awesomely incorporated samples. Personal fave - "Scarecrow".

Reading: "Fatty Batter" (2007) by Michael Simkins. Oft-praised humorous memoir of an English cricket tragic.

Watching: "Red Dwarf - Back To Earth" (2009), parts 1-3. My reactions ranged from "It's not the same" to "I don't like where you're going with this" to "Actually, I like where you went with that" to "It's way too similar". Great sets/locations/props, however, and the "Blade Runner" homage was cute.

Here's hoping tomorrow finds me fully recovered; my false sense of invincibility returned :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home