Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, August 30, 2009

The T. rex couldn't hug

Went to Football Emporium with the M. brothers, where I replaced my ratty old wallet with a natty Liverpool FC job. I also grabbed a sheet of supporter stickers - "This is Anfield" and the like. Next on the itinerary was Anime At Abbotsford. They'd mistakenly sold the "42" T-shirt CM had ordered many moons ago for my birthday, so I ended up spending a comparable sum on excellent figurines of characters from "Galaxy Express 999" (the ethereal Maetel), "Fullmetal Alchemist" (an appropriately silvery-grey Edward Elric) and "Cyborg 009" (Joe Shimamura in a dynamic pose). We lunched at the nearby, multi-awarded Ocean Foods, which boasted "the best fish'n'chips in the universe". I couldn't fault their barramundi pack. Back on Broadway, the lads headed home to view the Brisbane Roar/Central Coast Mariners clash, while I dropped in at the UTS Open Day and enquired about their Dip. Ed. Basically, it's not feasible even to do part-time if you're working 9-5, but I admit to being half tempted by the government scholarship that covers your fees and provides you with a stipend while you're learnin' - in exchange for which you agree to teach for three years in The Bush. Smells like an adventure! Basement Books was kinda-sorta on the way to the bus shed, and a shipment of new stock ensured I left with a few bargains for my father and myself. I suspect there may be more books published about golf than any other sport.


D: White Rabbit dark ale.

L: "Labyrinth OST" (1986).

R: "Data Extract #203" fanzine, fictional diary "Spud" (2005) by John Van De Ruit - imagine Adrian Mole relocated to a South African boarding school. Oh, and nerdling.net/slushpile, a weblog of an Antarctic science expedition. Don't dismiss it without reading the entry "The Icy Orrery".

W: Miss Universe 2009 pageant, Kaiju Big Battel bouts, "Tony Robinson's Crime And Punishment", standalone Michael Palin doco "The Last Day Of World War One".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home