Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Live nude food

Lunched at Elysium, near the Ritz Cinema. Huge premises; unremarkable decor. Bit open to the elements for today's grey, windy weather. Rolling Stones on the stereo, then Powderfinger, then Joss Stone. Waited on by English lass with short hair and spark. Treated my tastebuds to:

* Hahn Light
* Grilled ciabatta bread with smoked salmon slices, capers, sliced red onion and lime aioli
* Fried zucchini flowers with pecorino stuffing, rocket salad and truffled honey dressing
* Five Geese Shiraz
* Home-made duck pie with mushroom and pinot noir sauce, hand-cut chunky chips and spicy tomato chutney
* Banana and toasted peanut Bombe Alaska with toffee ice-cream
* Tokay (sorry, CM, it wasn't Imperial Tokay)

Quite an indulgence, eh? To quote Alan Partridge, "I'd have that three times a day if I could...but I'd be dead." And dead broke. I hope Elysium sticks around, though. The waitress told me they've been trading for seven weeks. The quality's there, but they must pay a hell of a rent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home