Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, April 07, 2012

I know, right?

I need to buy a printer. I need to buy a printer because I can't rely on always having my university assignments ready to print when I'm at the office. I need to buy a printer because I've learnt that printing at the uni library may involve a large amount of queueing for terminals. I need to buy a printer because even the college's professional printery requires a small amount of queueing, and they only accept payment by EFTPOS. I can't fault their customer care, though - I printed a 40c job and they gave me a four-pack of Darrell Lea Easter eggs!

Popped out of my Hobbit hole for a couple of hours this afternoon to see two exhibitions at the Museum Of Sydney: "Home Front - Wartime Sydney 1939-45" and "Culture Jammers". The former should be fairly self-explanatory. It featured items like propaganda posters and ration books. There were personal recollections and period recordings, too, but it just didn't move me. The latter exhibition was about a protest group calling themselves The Lonely Station who cleverly altered a number of city billboards into political statements in the mid-noughties. Photographer Dean Sewell documented their exploits and this was essentially a collection of his ace pics, plus a video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home