Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Thursday, September 27, 2012

S.I.W.

So much this - plagmada.org

How many '80s bus rides did WD and I spend drawing dungeons on A4, foolscap or - when we could afford it - graph paper? We were obsessed with skeletons and devised our own hierarchy of the bony buggers with colour-specific abilities, e.g. a light-blue skelly would have a (daily) frozen-breath attack. Then we did a similar thing with ninjas.

In Year 8 or 9, an English teacher even let me submit my "AD&D: Island Of The Forgotten Power" module for the design-a-game assignment in his class. The pages of ACs, HPs, XPs, GPs, etc. can't have made a lick of sense to him, but in hindsight I appreciate his encouraging of creativity in any form. And perhaps he also liked the maps :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home