Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Flick your Bic

Try this - www.radiolab.org/series/podcasts. It takes a wee while to grow accustomed to their editing style, which I'd describe as 96% busy/4% ponderous pauses, and then... Well, then you'll either be an instant convert like me or else you won't understand the fuss and will choose to forgo segments investigating Crimean War photos, "yellow rain", a fellow codenamed Skelly and whatever's in the x-1 eps that now await my attention. Alternating between light-hearted and troubling, but always prodding at the grey matter, "Radiolab" left me feeling like I'd taken a tangible journey in the space of just over an hour. Thank you to the cute girl at the campus bookshop for the recommendation. "It'll change your life," she said. Nah, I'm still a slovenly dweeb. I do, however, have a new favourite podcast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home