Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Warm Feelings/Low Life/Martyr Privates @ The Square

It's hard to pigeonhole Sydney duo Warm Feelings. Their sound is sorta '90s and sorta '60s. Maybe that makes it a 1975 sound, I dunno. I just like 'em. [Disclosure: I'm friends with singer/guitarist DS.] On some songs, local outfit Low Life remind me of early Hawkwind. On others, Joy Division (the pained/shy delivery helps). Then they get a lot punkier and I realise they have their own voice - and it demands to be heard. Brisbane's Martyr Privates are an interesting case... A three-piece like Low Life, they'll play a number that has me thinking about calling it a night, then follow it with a track that could be a US college radio #1.

For $10, with a seated view of the stage and cans of New going for a fiver, this gig was ridiculous value. You shoulda been there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home