Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Diary entry from my day on Norfolk Island

"My three-hour nature walk was cancelled as none of the 2000-odd other cruisers signed up! Lazy sods. Instead of booking an alternative excursion, I opted to do my own thang. Wandered the shopping precinct, sent a postcard to RS, ate a packet of trail mix and bought an air freshener for the cabin. Didn't pay $30 to enter tourist attraction King Tut's Tomb. Maybe I should have. The line for the shuttle bus to the jetty was so long that locals were helping ferry folks in their cars. I scored a lift with - judging by her striking looks - a Tahitian princess. Asked her about sport on N/I. Despite the small population, the high level of participation means they can still stage multi-team competitions."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home