Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Best of the beasts

I bet you have a favourite animal. Perhaps it's the roly-poly groundhog, which builds separate homes for summer and winter. Nah, it's probably a breed of cat or dog. Chances are you also have a fave bird. My father's is the blue crane, because seeing them brought him a sense of peace when he was recovering from cancer treatment. I doubt you have a favourite fish. I'm not talking about a species you reckon is delicious (mmm...barramundi). I mean a fish with which you feel an affinity. Erm, unless you're a fisherperson or marine biologist or something. Then you probs do. But enough about the creatures of the land, air and sea. What's your #1 MYTHICAL MONSTER? The chimera gets my vote, and here's a fantastically sculpted and painted example I stumbled across a while ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home