Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, May 27, 2022

Confessions of a "D&D" nerd

My good buddy RS gave me these limited-edition American lollies. 
They are strong. I was only able to eat a small amount of each (they'll take me weeks to get through). As I did so, I thought about what "Dungeons & Dragons" modules they evoked.

The candies were very sweet yet also kind of refreshing, making me think of "S2 - White Plume Mountain", a dungeon crawl with three mighty weapons to bag, and in which all manner of strangeness can be encountered. It may have been my favourite adventure to DM as a teenager.
The gummies, chewy and tart, were harder work. They brought to mind the "Dragonlance" modules. I didn't own any of those, but pals did. The problem was they only purchased some, and out of order at that. Although we knew the novels well, we struggled to reproduce key scenes at the gaming table. When things deviated too far from the original story, we didn't like it.

We wouldn't have approved of this entry ending with a pic of a slow loris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home