Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Recent viewing

"Adrienne" is about a unique acting/writing/directing talent taken too soon - just before her biggest success was to occur, to make it even more tragic. It's partly a true-crime doco but mainly a tribute to her life and work by the adoring family, friends and colleagues she left behind. Contains glimpses of quirky projects that might have been, and goes to at least one place you likely won't expect. Thought-provoking, upsetting, creatively inspiring, and just something rare and special. Like its subject. To be honest, I only clicked play because I remembered Adrienne Shelly from those Hal Hartley films she did at the beginning of her career, which sister AC and I - then well into our indie phase - thought were amazing. I'm very glad I did.

[Seen on: Foxtel, Prime, $2 DVD, Disney+, Kanopy.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home