Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, June 07, 2022

"Wordle"

Like a lot of you I'm sure, I do a "Wordle" puzzle every day. I've never solved it first try. Second try is my best.

I used to always enter TERMS for my initial guess, just because those are all commonly used letters. Then I switched to entering whatever random word popped into my head. Sometimes, I make a series of themed guesses, as an added challenge. LUNCH, MEALS, etc.

Previously, once I uncovered letters, I would keep using them. But I eventually realised that, unless you are already close to solving the puzzle, this only limits your chances of uncovering further letters.

I like "Wordle". Not as much as the "'New York Times' Spelling Bee" (another daily habit), but I like it.

For the smarties who've never had to use the full six guesses, when you finally solve it, the automated response is, "Phew!" :-) 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home