Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Thursday, October 20, 2022

Brain strain

On top of "University Challenge", "Only Connect" and "Mastermind" (UK), I'm now regularly playing along with "Brain Of Britain 2022". The 12 heats of "B/O/B" are over and it's time for the finals.
My scores for those dozen qualifying episodes were: 10, 17, 10, 10, 9, 14, 13, 12, 12, 15, 12, 14. Which is an average of 12.33 correct answers per ep.

I usually felt like I'd done better than 2-3 of the four contestants, but I was always humbled by at least one of them. Then again, even Gail Trimble - remembered for perhaps the greatest "Uni Challenge" performance ever - didn't manage to win her heat. (She may sneak through to the next round as a high-scoring loser. I didn't pay attention to that aspect of the heats.)
"Brain Of Britain" is an easygoing affair. In the 12th episode, there was a question on who had written a trio of named F/SF novels. "That would be the beautiful Tanith Lee," answered the contestant, correctly and amusingly. "The beautiful Tanith Lee," echoed the host.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home