Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, October 24, 2022

Generation skipping

My friend JH has a large collection of modern "Star Wars" figures. He was telling me that his son, a young teen, has never shown any real interest in them - much to J.'s disappointment.

I can relate. A couple of Christmases ago, I introduced one of my nephews to solo gamebooks, of which I have an entire bookcase full. He read for a while and seemed absorbed in the quest. But he didn't finish it, so I asked his mum (sister EM) to ask him privately if he'd like to take the book home. The reply came back, "Nah, that's OK."

I'm sure I could think of further examples, only I'm keen to go and watch "The Power Of The Doctor". Actually, none of the next gen in my fam are much into "Doc Who", either :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home