Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, June 26, 2023

Tough talk

Speaking with sister AK on the phone, she made reference to a person having a "100-day cough". I hate that we now treat such nasty infections as par for the course. (Not her fault!)

Graver and exponentially sadder, the kind soul who uploads "University Challenge" for myself and thousands of rabid fans around the globe revealed that their cancer is terminal and they will soon be transitioning to end-of-life care. I wrote them a heartfelt message. It's all I could do.

I'm sure I've mentioned ABC podcast "The Philosopher's Zone" in a prior entry. It's probably the most useful pod I follow. The latest ep, entitled "Philosophy For Tough Times", resonated with me and is bound to do so with plenty of other folks right now.

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/philosopherszone/philosophy-for-tough-times/102466536

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home