Ear-wax museum
COMIC COVER OF THE WEEK
Amid the oodles of throwaway cover variants that pose an existential threat to the industry they almost killed in the '90s (some publishers have clearly learnt nothing), Paul Chadwick's beautiful, thoughtful painting deserves to be celebrated.
SONG OF THE WEEK
"Kawa" by Doeun & Jiana from the group Young Posse (Korea). Note: I should point out there are flashing lights in the clip, in case you have photosensitive epilepsy or another condition that makes these a potential danger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY4SA0X2kvg
Commended >>> "Killing Time" by DMA's (Australia), "Home Depot" by Medium Build (US), "Cold Hearted" by Agatha Is Dead! feat. Schramm (Germany), "Cinema" by Dynamite Shakers (France), "Fineapple" by Pineapple Express (India). Was surprised to discover that P/E track was produced by the brother of a former colleague. Small world!
RANDOM RPG REMINISCENCE
On the subject of bros...the one time JH's older brother C. tried "D&D" to see what the fuss was about, I wasn't there. I looked over his abandoned character sheet afterwards. It was a cleric named Brother Brian. From what the others told me, he'd actually played BB like a holy man rather than merely a fighter who could cast healing spells. For a little hack'n'slash munchkin like I was then, it was food for thought. I wonder why - to my knowledge - he never engaged with the game again.
MISC.
* Finished "The Blade Itself". Took long enough to assemble the party ;-P
* Have moved on from the Anina deck to a pile based around Baron Zemo.
* Desperate to watch "M/O/T/U" on Prime today, but will I get sidetracked?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home