Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Thursday, September 24, 2026

Where's theirs?

The latest "Doctor Who Magazine" has an amazing 27-page interview with actress Anneke Wills (Polly). It just keeps going - I felt like I was reading "The Comics Journal". Fortunately, her life has been full and her opinions are strong, so it's a fascinating journey.

RIP, Angry Anderson. Saw Rose Tattoo live more than once, but the time which sticks in my mind is when they supported Motorhead. Geez, he went hard. Also, no Aussie over a certain age could forget his role as Ironbar in "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome".

Talking old flicks, I rewatched "Gremlins 2: The New Batch". Such a cartoon. 0% believable, 100% nonstop chaos. I think I appreciate it more now than I did at the cinema - with JH and co.? - in 1990, mainly for the sheer amount of satire they crammed into the thing.

Backed this handcrafted fairytale setting for 5E (and the like) on Kickstarter. After I'd resisted the charms of "Land Of Eem" and "Dolmenwood", "The Hazelands" struck a kooky chord. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tinefieldling/the-hazelands-setting-guide

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home