Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, July 14, 2006

OVW 4 LIFE

Lately, I've been watching DVDs of Ohio Valley Wrestling. I'm deeply digging it for a couple of reasons. First, it's a feeder federation for the WWE, so the people you're seeing could be future superstars (they could also be former superstars on the outer or on the mend). Second, it's a fed that makes excellent use of its relatively small roster and does things in an "old school" rasslin way. By that I mean partnerships and feuds are allowed to develop until they mean something (rather than being switched around every other week for mere shock value) and title belts rarely change hands. At least, that's how it seems to this convert - which is why I've ordered another batch of OVW discs from my supplier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home