Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Revolution calling!

After seeing "A Large Attendance..." (review below), my companions and I went to a pub in The Rocks to discuss it and down a couple of pints of Guinness. After we parted, I headed for a different sort of gig. At the Metro Theatre, American progressive metal band Queensryche were playing a condensed version of their concept albums "Operation: Mindcrime 1 & 2" plus some other favourites. Local outfit Lord provided excellent support (in an Iron-Maiden-meets-Screaming-Jets kinda way), but when the 'Ryche boys trooped on stage and lead singer Geoff Tate launched into "Revolution Calling", sounding every bit as good as he does on CD, I felt a genuine shiver go up my spine. It only got better from there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home