Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Friday, July 14, 2006

Footy

My favourite football codes, in order of how much I like them, starting with the game I enjoy watching/reading about/discussing most. (In brackets are the specific teams I support.)

1. Rugby league (Newcastle Knights, NSW Blues aka "The Cockroaches", Australian Kangaroos)
2. Soccer (Newcastle United Jets, Australian Socceroos, Liverpool FC - since the mid-80s)
3. Rugby Union (NSW Waratahs, Australian Wallabies)
4. AFL (Sydney Swans)
5. Grid iron (Don't really have a team, but I'll say the Alabama Crimson Tide in college football 'cos I was swept away by Warren St John's book about their fanatical supporters, "Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer")

Not sure if this list'll be of the slightest interest to anyone, but I felt like making it. And what are blogs for if not sheer self-indulgence?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home