Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Full house

Had the boys - DL, CM, AM, SC and PB - around for a low-stakes poker night. We started with a Texas hold 'em tournament (no limit; no rebuys), followed by dealer's choice ($5 bet/raise limit; rebuys OK). CM took out the former, while DL had the biggest stack when time was called in the latter. I believe I made the most of my mediocre cards but was undone by a monster Anaconda pot where I was wrongly convinced my opponent was bluffing. Much junk food (pizza, chips, chocolates) was munched and copious quantities of alcohol (Carlton Draught, Toohey's Extra Dry, Beez Neez, Holsten, Mercury Draught, Fighting Cock B&C, Woodstock B&C, Happs Margaret River PF Red 2004) consumed. CM's green felt poker tabletop was popular as always, though none of us quite mastered his new electric shuffling machine. My nudie playing cards (a freebie from "Arena" magazine) were a good perv if hard to read from a distance, and no-one seemed to mind me slipping the "Spamalot" soundtrack in among the indie pop CDs. Tomorrow, I clean up the mess, secure in the knowledge poker-tastic times were had...and that it won't be my turn to host again for another six months :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home