Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cricket season!

Australia are playing the West Indies in Kuala Lumpur, in the first game of the DLF one-day series (the other team is India).

It's being screened live on Fox Sports 2, so as far as I'm concerned, cricket season has started early!

I'm typing this in the dinner interval, with the Aussies having set the Windies a theoretically possible 280 for victory.

Michael Clarke (my second-favourite current player after Gilly) top scored with 81. Here's hoping he takes a wicket or two.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Addster said...

For those who don't remember (how could you not?), Bernie's referring to the match where Australia scored a then-record 434 runs, only to have South Africa pass it with a ball to go. It was truly one of the most amazing sporting occurrences I've ever witnessed. When I were a lad, 250 was the "ideal" one-day total.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home