Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Footy talk

I'm still in shock about the Knights being so comprehensively knocked out of the rugby league finals by the Broncos last night...but, to be honest, I'd stopped feeling any pain when we were down 24-0 at half-time. Yes, we had key players out. Yes, we made silly mistakes. But 50-6? It was a Knightmare. I don't really care who wins now - I guess Melbourne deserve it. It'd be funny if they took out the NRL premiership and Sydney the AFL. So much for "heartlands".

There was some consolation for Novocastrians today as our soccer team the Jets managed a 2-2 draw with Sydney FC. I was there with my pals CM, AM and PB, and was proud of the way we fought back from 2-0 down. Both goals came from new boy Milton Rodriguez and Nick Carle almost stole it for us at the death with a shot that bounced off the crossbar. Considering our defensive problems and lack of spirit so far this season, it was as good as a win. We have lift-off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home