Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Latest game

My buddy DL was going through his desk the other day, fished out a keyring with an LCD "Space Invaders" game attached and gave it to me. The batteries were dead but I bought some replacements today and it works perfectly.

It's an official Taito product and resembles an old Nintendo Game'N'Watch turned on its side. That is to say, the screen's higher than it is wide. I dunno why the designers chose this orientation as it means there are two screens of enemy aliens and protective bases to scroll between, upping the difficulty considerably.

My highest score so far's 13,900 on level 6 - at this point, the invaders become too fast for my dulled reflexes. I've yet to hit the UFO at the top of the screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home