Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, August 25, 2007

[clears throat]

Don't expect any derring-do involving live sporting contests, exotic restaurants or fan gatherings this weekend as I'm stuck home like Tarzan's Grip while nursing a sore throat.

It manifested yesterday, but it's conceivable I caught the bug in the early hours of Wednesday morning, during a kamikaze karaoke mission. An incident report is available on Cubisia, although I dispute SC's claim I was "totally trashed" - merely badly littered :-)

As I type this, I'm listening to Black Sabbath's "The Dio Years" and blissing out on Tony Iommi's fretwork. Anyone who says the band's nothing without Ozzy is an ignoramus.

The PC monitor seems unusually bright to my sickly sight, so it's time to return to reading "Quiet Strength" by the Indianapolis Colts' Tony Dungy (the first African American coach to win the Super Bowl). That and issue #150 of "Dungeon" (the last print edition before it becomes web-based). Remember Bargle from the teaching adventure in the "D&D" Basic Set? He's back for the attack!

I'm also merrily making my way through the DVDs of 60s/70s UK kids' stop-motion animation show "Clangers". Been hearing Brits name-check this for years and it's as unique and imaginative as they suggested. Clangers are pink, woollen, aardvark-like creatures who communicate by whistling and live on a planet where a dragon dispenses dinner from soup wells and an iron chicken lays an egg that hatches into musical notes...

Hey, I've just realised there's half a tub of caramel fudge ice-cream in the freezer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home