Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Unsteady as she goes

It's windy and rainy. The swell is "moderate to rough", sayeth the captain. The boat pitches constantly. Barf bags line the handrails. Tonight's cabaret performance was cancelled for safety reasons. And I'm strangely unworried. I who, like Jerky Boys character Sol Rosenberg, am scared of my own shadow. Shhh! He could be listening.

In uvva news... Whatever gunk I washed my hair with this morning has rendered it vertically spiky. I imagine this makes me look like TV chef Gary Rhodes. The truth is probably nearer to Marvel Comics' Legion, as drawn by Bill Sienkewicz.

I reckon "The Holiday" (2006) is a doubly satisfying (if doubly predictable) romance, thanks to the actoring of Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Jack Black.

The novel "Dragonslayer" (2000) - fourth in the Gotrek & Felix series and nada to do with the venerable Disney 'toon - is compelling Warhammer fantasy. Although author William King doth misquote Lady Macbeth.

Blew my duty-free booze quota with bottles of Bundy OP Rum (for Dad's coffee) and Absolut Vodka (for a mate's 30th). $51 in toto - bargain! Anyone need a carton of cut-price ciggies? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home