Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, July 07, 2008

Byron Bay

Had to ask Rydges to delete two phantom phone calls from my bill (I have a mobile for that). Worryingly, the Greyhound coach stalled at a couple of intersections. Our on-board entertainment was Leonardo DiCaprio's awareness-raising 2007 enviro doco, "The 11th Hour". I listened while turning the pages of "Feet Of Clay" (1996) by Terry Pratchett. The City Watch and other Ankh-Morpork regulars - plus golems. Here I am at the Lord Byron Resort. Large, modern digs, apart from the medieval locking mechanism - a metal thing that sits over a different metal thing. You're welcome. B/B reminds me of the Port Stephens region but with a hippie twist, eg. exploring the shops, I came upon Whale Song Healing Place. Many "ferals", bless 'em. Couldn't resist a postcard headed "Peak Hour" that depicted a jam of cartoon Kombis. Late lunch at O-sushi: teriyaki prawns with green salad and a (winning) combination of brown and white rice; three varieties of tempura mushrooms and a peach Pokka. Perfectly presented and mighty fine eatin'! Familiarised myself with the secondhand bookstore, to which I shall return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home