Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Drunks'n'spunks

I went to "Penthouse" mag's Pet Of The Year party. It was held at Q Bar, which I'm told is rather trendy (it's also rather trashy). Thanks to CM, I was able to jump the queue and get the special second wrist stamp that allowed access to the VIP room. Behind the red curtain, the Asahi was gratis and the Pet-to-bloke ratio was higher. Alas, my shoulder angel was AWOL and my shoulder devil easily convinced me to switch from beer to spirits and even indulge in a coffin nail – "to be sociable". I remember talking a lot to publishing types. I remember laughing a lot (mainly at an hilarious convo overheard in the loo). And I remember perving on purdy ladies, one of whom resembled Nigella Lawson. I only dimly recollect leaving in the wee hours. Curse you, shoulder devil!

2 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Dann said...

Shame I missed it. :(

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Addster said...

Hopefully, we'll both score another invite in 2009.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home