Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Beastliness

Though hardly a stoic, I never expected an automotive documentary to bring my tear ducts online. But "Love The Beast", detailing actor Eric Bana's quarter-century affair with a 1974 Ford XB Coupe, is as moving as it is singularly beaut. I was fortunate to attend a preview organised by the distributor, Madman. The official cinema release date for the flick is March 12 and I unreservedly recommend it.


Not a "Doctor Who" novel: "Uglier Than A Monkey's Armpit" (2007) by Dr Robert Vanderplank and Stephen Dodson - underline: "The best curses, put-downs and invective from around the world."

Even-Steven: The Socceroos held the Blue Samurai to a goaless draw in Yokohama and are thus still top of Asia - Group 1 in the qualifiers for South Africa 2010. So tense I could barely watch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home