Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, September 07, 2009

Rain lord's roofless temple

Nothing to report save that I wish my stay at the pub on Friday had been shorter and my visit to my parents on Saturday and Sunday could have been far, far longer.


L: "American Saturday Night" (2009) by Brad Paisley, "God Is Not Great - How Religion Poisons Everything" (2007) read in unabridged form by author Christopher Hitchens.

R: Oz "FourFourTwo" (Oct.), "The Otaku's Encyclopedia - An Insider's Guide To The Subculture Of Cool Japan" (2009) by Patrick W. Galbraith.

W: The third-season openers of "Greek" and "The Guild", Alain De Botton's TED.com lecture "A Kindler, Gentler Philosophy Of Success", "Batman - The Brave And The Bold" cartoons.

3 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger David & Mindy said...

So...what do you think or the Hitchens book?

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Addster said...

Fearsome. It's also intellectually humbling. There's so much learning and rational argument to digest that I can only bite off a small piece each day or so. In other words: am still going :-) But I'll be sure and pass it on to you and M. when I'm done, since youse sent me down this path (did I just mix metaphors?) with the Julia Sweeney audio.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger David & Mindy said...

Mate. I read it and loved it. I think he throws in enough wit to make it not only an interesting read but an entertaining one as well. Mindy is ploughing through it but never gets time to read...if you could burn a copy of the audio book, I know show would appreciate it.
Hopefully the path I sent you down is one that you wanted to walk mate!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home