Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Which NBA team should Addster support?

The Indiana Pacers because I've been actively following that state's Colts in the NFL for several seasons now? Or, similarly, the Toronto Raptors 'cos I'm a Blue Jays fan in the MLB? Then again, the Los Angeles Lakers do share the distinctive purple, gold and white strip of my soon-to-be-reinstated-in-the-NBL Sydney Kings. They're consistently successful, too, unlike the Pacers and Raptors. On the wacky side, the lowly Washington Wizards seem like a snug fit with my fantasy and role-playing bent and it's fun to barrack for the underdog. Should I pledge allegiance to them and cop the losses? Or do I take the advice of a sporto I chatted NBA with at a colleague's 40th. He recommended I choose a team of talented youngsters as that would guarantee me years of happy spectating. (If he gave an example, it failed to lodge in my brain.) Applying his logic retroactively, the franchise which has given me arguably the greatest viewing pleasure to date is the San Antonio Spurs...except I just don't feel any connection to them. Ditto their rivals, the Phoenix Suns, in spite of Steve Nash being my favourite basketballer. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer to avoid the Boston Celtics. Partly because it might seem like bandwagon-jumping (at least I'd have an excuse, however lame, for going Lakers), and partly 'cos it's irksome the way their name is pronounced "seltic" and not "keltic". In summary: I haven't a clue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home