Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Peri gets some decent dialogue

"Do you ever look back and ask yourself what got you to a particular place, and what you might have done differently? ... I was a straight-A student at high school, went on to be top of my year in botany. I wanted to go to the Amazon and discover new plant species. Maybe even have a flower named after me. And now, now I'm on a space station, serving drinks. ... I feel like a dinosaur. Time has moved on and left my past behind. An evolutionary dead end. It's like I never got the choice. Things just happened. Small things. And when they got added up together, I ended up here. There was never a chance to say, 'No, I want to go a different way.' Not a single moment where things changed."

From the audioplay "Doctor Who - The Lost Stories: Paradise 5" (2010) by PJ Hammond and Andy Lane. Although I suspect it's the latter who deserves the credit for these lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home