Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Shear(man) delight

I'm not sure if it's appropriate for fanBOYS to squee, but if it is, then that's what I did when my copy of Robert Shearman's "Everyone's Just So So Special" arrived in the mail. My luvverly black hardcover copy, signed and numbered #69, that is! The Pommy bloke's two previous short-story collections, "Tiny Deaths" (2007) and "Love Songs For The Shy And Cynical" (2009), just oozed originality - the former picking up a World Fantasy Award, the latter a British Fantasy Award - and I expect "E/J/S/S/S" to be no different, with its theme of "a new history of the world, filled with the sort of people who seem to get left out of the books taught from in schools". The best part - we 100 purchasers of the limited-edition HC are promised a supplemental tale by Shearman (500 words min.) about an ancestor/descendant of ours with the exact same name. Commencing August 1, these extra yarns will be published here - http://bit.ly/roozeo. I've gotta polish off a couple of other worthy tomes before plunging into "Everyone's...", but if your curiousity's been aroused, I doubt I could improve on this synopsis - http://bit.ly/nFxM0l

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home