Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Dragonflies

There are a lot of dragonflies zipping around our backyard at the moment. I haven't tried photographing them with my mobile as I know it'd be a waste of time. I'd capture only a blur or, more likely, nothing.

Dragonflies remind me of the unique fantasy art of Rodney Matthews, in which the dragons have an insectoid aspect. Here's one adorning the front of his latest calendar.
They remind me of the great Ziggy Marley album "Dragonfly", which I'd listen to on repeat when I was working in mags in the early 2000s. Dunno why I bought it, since I'm not a reggae guy. Luck!
They remind me of the ornithopters in the 2021 adaptation of "Dune".
They remind me of my late grandmother's garden, where someone first explained what they were to me. You can hang around here for as long as you want, little dragonflies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home