Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Saturday, December 23, 2006

The secret diary of Addster's mole, aged ?

I'm at my parents' place in Newcastle for a week.

Before I left Sydney, I went for my seasonal snip: a "number four" shave all over, including my beard and mo'.

Part way through the operation, my barber nicked a mole on my neck. I felt a sting, but didn't think anything of it until I heard him say, quietly, "God help us."

I then watched the normally unflappable fellow struggle to staunch the blood flow using a combination of cotton wool with disinfectant and a hairdryer.

Looking in the mirror, I saw the next bloke in line for a haircut put his head in his hands. I don't think he was laughing.

My barber was extremely apologetic, but also urged me to get the mole removed in the new year. He'd had six cut out with only minimal pain.

I wasn't too worried until I got home and checked the mole in the mirror. It looked awful; kinda hanging off, black with dried blood and sporting wisps of cotton wool.

The weird thing is, one shower later it was back to normal. I guess it can stay a little longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home