Dork Geek Nerd

"Rational romantic mystic cynical idealist"

Monday, September 03, 2007

Prime-time entertainments

"Metroid Prime Pinball" (Nintendo DS): This combination pinball/shooter from 2005 has a perfect learning curve - whenever I'm on the verge of quitting, I make a little more headway. Now scoring in the region of 3.5 million, with 3/4 bonus tables unlocked and the Big Bad (to borrow a Buffy-ism) in my sights. A thumping theme tune means it rocks as well as...no, that pun's too lame even for me.

"American Shaolin: One Man's Quest To Become A Kungfu Master" by Matthew Polly (Abacus, 2007): True story - the author dropped out of Princeton to learn the arts of spirituality and arse-kicking at China's legendary Shaolin temple. Oh, to live an adventure so incredible (he stayed two years!) and set it down so lucidly. I don't care how busy you are, you WILL rip through this yarn within 24 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home